Setting up an efficient power distribution system as well as moving and reinstalling equipment are some of the biggest challenges you are likely to encounter during manufacturing plant relocation. Mitigating these operational risks is key to employee safety and productivity. Knowing what to look out for and detailed planning will make all the difference. Our experienced industrial electricians have created a handy checklist to help you minimize any production and financial implications.
- Equipment testing: Do a detailed assessment of all machinery, including production lines, industrial chimneys, presses, furnaces, and other electric, piping and mechanical systems before the move. This will help determine which equipment you can move directly to the new facility and those that need repairs or replacement.
- Estimate of power demand: Safety, reliability and energy efficiency are critical considerations while designing your electrical systems. An energy audit of your current plant will help you estimate electricity requirements and create an efficient power distribution system in the new facility. Unless you are upscaling and changing machinery. A proper assessment is critical to avoiding sudden shutdowns and loss of productivity as well as equipment damage. Remember that oversizing adds unnecessary costs while under sizing can result in system overload and power failure.
- New plant layout review: Go over the equipment layout in the new plant prior to relocating. The objective is seamless workflow and energy efficiency. A well-conceived layout of machinery, equipment and different departments supports optimal function.
- Startup, test and correct any glitches in electrical systems and production lines: Here are some tips to help.
- Compare pre-move readings with current ones to troubleshoot problems.
- Check that safety circuits and emergency stops are properly installed and working correctly.
- Verify grounding.
- Do a power quality survey for voltage sags and other problems.
Seamless Manufacturing Plant Relocation
Relocating a manufacturing plant is no small endeavor, but with smart planning, detailed project coordination and experienced industrial electricians, your move can be seamless.
At J & S Electrical Contractors, Inc., we offer a full range of industrial electrical services for plant relocation, expansion and upgrades. Our tailored service plans offer the most value for your money. With our skilled lifetime support for your mechanical and electrical systems, you can minimize operational risks. For over 25 years, industrial plant managers in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and across the country depend on us for a wide variety of electrical, commercial and mechanical contractor services. Our commercial electricians are fully licensed, certified and up-to-date with technology and safety codes.
From the food industry to chemical, water treatment and petroleum operations—we serve diverse clients. Our comprehensive electrical solutions include machinery design and layout assistance, design and installation of power control systems, safety and security system installs as well as test and commissioning and 24/7 emergency repair services.
Call us at 215-633-8330 to learn more about our electrical services. Or request a quote online for your commercial and industrial projects.