As a responsible business owner or property manager, you may always be looking at options to decrease overhead costs, increase efficiencies, and reduce your ecological footprint. If you are unsure whether to invest in solar energy, ask yourself some of these questions:
- Does your business consume the majority of electricity between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.?
- Do you want to reduce your dependencies on the grid and power your business at a predictable and fixed cost?
- Does your facility have enough roof space for accommodating the panels that you will need to solar power your business?
If you answered “yes” to all, a commercial solar energy upgrade may be the perfect solution for your business. The experts at J&S Electrical Contractors explain the many benefits of switching to solar power.
Top 7 Advantages of Powering your Business with Solar Energy
- Reduce Operating Expenses: Whether you have a solar power system with or without a battery backup, you will still start saving money on your energy bills almost immediately after installation as it will reduce the amount of municipal power that your building receives. In fact, electricity meter-linked solar panels will reduce the amount of municipal power that your building receives during low consumption periods and send excess power back to the municipal grid, making your meter run backward (net metering). Most states in the U.S. offer rebates for installing and linking your solar panels to your electricity meter and utility lines.
- Future-proof Your Energy Costs: Electricity costs continue to rise year on year. Current rates in the eastern states of the U.S. range anywhere between 8 cents and 12 cents per kilowatt. Whether your business uses electricity to power heavy equipment and machinery, or just for electronic devices and interior-exterior lighting, solar energy will inflation-proof your yearly power costs for about 20 to 25 years (typical life of the solar panels).
- Reduce External Dependencies: From technical glitches and excessive grid loads, to inclement weather or planned load shedding, numerous aspects could lead to power outages for your facility. Investing in solar energy will help your business be self-reliant and reduce vulnerabilities by being less dependent on the power grid.
- Improve your Business Reputation: The movement to reduce fossil fuel consumption and carbon footprint continues to grow. Every day, more and more people vow to make environmentally-conscious lifestyle choices. Hence, investing in a commercial solar power upgrade will:
- Enhance the green credentials and public image of your business
- Help you attract a segment of employees, clients, or residents who wish to work for or do business with companies that share their go-green philosophies and mindset
- Get Rebates, Incentives, and Tax Advantages: As part of its solar investment tax credits, the IRS has promised a 22% tax credit on the cost of solar panels and installation in 2021 and a 10% tax credit for all subsequent years. Similarly, your business can take advantage of the Solar Energy Renewable Credits (SERCs) for selling your excess solar power to your electric company.
- Enjoy Low Maintenance and Reliability: Modern solar panels offer a lifespan of 15 to 25 years depending on their type. Resistant to high winds, thunderstorms, or even ice buildup, solar panels offer an efficient, low-maintenance, and durable alternative to electricity. The only recommended maintenance task is to spray them with a water hose once every quarter just to clear the dust and dirt. In the last decade or so, the cost of solar panels has come down by over 65%, making them highly affordable with each passing year. Many solar panel providers also offer attractive financing schemes or leasing options to suit your needs and budget.
- Increase Property Value: If you ever intend to cash in on your property, solar panels will help your commercial space sell faster. Since the facility promises energy efficiency, potential buyers will be able to start saving from day 1, on both, their short-term and long-term operating costs.
Affordable and Reliable Solar Power Solutions by Full-Service Commercial Electricians
At J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc., we specialize in solar power solutions for commercial and industrial establishments in and around Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and across several other Eastern states. Our team of licensed and qualified technicians study the energy requirements of your business, the amount of roof space available and your solar panel budget, in order to design customized solutions to help you meet your energy efficiency goals.
In addition to reliable, right-sized commercial solar power upgrades, we provide the complete suite of commercial electrical services, including 24/7 emergency support.
For all your commercial solar energy requirements, partner with the experienced team at J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc. Call 215-633-8330 or contact us online for a free quote.