Power outages can happen at any time. From hurricanes, blizzards and other natural disasters, to industrial or domestic accidents, there are a number of reasons for sudden and unplanned loss of electricity. As an administrator, owner or property manager of a seniors’ facility, you may be aware of the grave consequences of such outages. In fact, several aspects, such as access, mobility, or health support systems could suffer without emergency restoration of power.
At J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc., we are well-versed with the nuances of older adult living and understand the criticality of uninterrupted power supply, especially in elderly communities. We not only carry out flawless installation of backup generators for institutional facilities, but also provide comprehensive, 24/7 emergency repair services.
Read on to know why it is important to consider emergency power restoration solutions for elderly communities.
Top 3 Reasons to Invest in Backup Power for Elderly Communities
Power outages may not be common, yet when they do occur, they can bring on a host of issues, especially for elderly residents. For example, in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, 12 senior citizens in a nursing home in Florida died due to overheating, as there was no power available for the facility’s air-conditioning. Subsequently, the state has passed a law that mandates installation of permanent backup generators for all its nursing homes and senior care facilities.
While that law may not be applicable nation-wide yet, here are some compelling reasons to invest in backup generators, especially if your institution houses older adults.
- Safe and Comfortable Facilities: A power outage could impact heat pumps, air conditioners and furnaces, bringing your heating or cooling systems to a complete halt. Whether it is hot and humid or damp and chilly, internal temperature fluctuations could be highly stressful and unhealthy for senior residents. A backup generator will ensure that elders remain in a safe and comfortable environment, with minimal disruption to their routine. Moreover, staying put in a temperature-controlled and well-lit facility is better than trying to evacuate or relocate older adults, especially during prolonged blackouts.
- Uninterrupted Lifestyle and Conveniences: Elderly communities usually offer several amenities to simplify everyday living for its residents. However, a power outage may impact a number of daily conveniences, including the use of cooking appliances, elevators, entertainment devices, personal care equipment and more.
- Avoiding Health Risks and Medical Emergencies: Older adults who are dependent on health support systems, devices and medical equipment are the most vulnerable during power outages. From respirators, ventilators and oxygen machines, to suction or dialysis equipment, and battery-dependent assisted technology, everything ultimately needs electricity. Backup power systems could help address potential health risks and medical emergencies.
Comprehensive Power Backup Solutions by Licensed Commercial Electricians
At J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc., we pride ourselves on the speed, efficiency and quality of our services and workmanship. We offer an extensive range of services, including designing electrical systems for new facilities, preventative maintenance and repairs, and installation of systems, such as fire alarms, HVAC units, appliances and backup generators.
Considering backup power systems for your older adult facility? Our highly-trained and experienced engineers will:
- Evaluate your emergency power restoration requirements
- Conduct a walk-through of your premises, and assess your existing electrical systems
- Create a plan and work on an estimate for the design, capacity and cost of the backup generator systems
Once you give the go ahead, our fully-licensed, commercial electricians will provide turnkey installation of backup power, on-time and within the approved budget.
Institutional establishments in and around New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware have partnered with us for their electrical solutions and requirements for over 25 years.
Enjoy uninterrupted electrical services for your older adult facility with J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc. To take advantage of our affordable, reliable institutional electrical solutions, call 215-633-8330 or contact us online for a free quote.