While planning the management and upkeep of your commercial premises, you want to make sure that all your arrangements are:
- On par with industry standards
- Meet and exceed customer expectations
- Compliant with any applicable codes and regulations
In this context, several aspects influence the reputation of your property or businesses. Do you have a welcoming landscape? Are the roads to your entryway smooth and free of potholes? Is your property maintaining excellent standards of cleanliness and hygiene? Do you have state-of-the art security measures to protect your residents and visitors?
Good internal and external lighting is one such element that reflects your commitment towards improved safety, aesthetic appeal, and functionality of your premises. While you may put a lot of thought into planning the internal lighting, don’t ignore external lighting, especially for the parking lots. The qualified and experienced team at J&S Electrical Contractors Inc. explains why abundant lighting is essential for commercial parking lots.
Top 4 Benefits of a Well-Lit Parking Lot
- Enhance Safety: Ample lighting gives people a sense of comfort about entering, parking, or exiting your premises, especially during the late hours, when occupancy is limited or the property is secluded. In fact, a brightly lit parking lot speaks volumes about your vehicle security measures and safety standards for the residents and visitors.
- Improve Security: Even if you install electronic surveillance systems to watch over your parking lots, catching any miscreants in the act would be difficult in poor light. Well-planned lighting is a must-have for improving the effectiveness of your security systems.
- Prevent Accidents or Liabilities: Better the lighting, greater the visibility for vehicular and foot traffic in your parking lot. An abundantly illuminated lot will prevent drivers from inadvertently hitting other vehicles or passersby, and protect pedestrians from accidental trips and falls. Good lighting will also help you avoid situations, where your business becomes liable for vehicle damage or injuries to people.
- Deter Lawbreakers: Criminals scope out areas for thefts, muggings, vandalism, or other such acts look for spaces that are unlit or dimly lit. Poor visibility gives them added confidence to break the law, without fear of being identified or caught. Brightly lit parking lots act as a deterrent for potential criminal activities, and help you safeguard your property, customers, and prospects.
Customized Lighting Solutions by Licensed Commercial Electricians
At J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc., we provide clever lighting strategies and cost-effective lighting solutions to a variety of commercial premises, including schools, malls, hospitals, corporate campuses, municipal complexes, and more. Our licensed and qualified electricians study your premises and customize lighting to meet the unique requirements of your property and businesses. From the illumination capacity, energy efficiency, and regulatory compliance, to quality, aesthetic appeal, and functionality, we address all aspects that go into a well-lit parking lot.
For large commercial premises, we can phase out parking structure retrofits in small increments. This will help in optimizing the equipment costs, minimizing disruptions, and keeping your lots partially operational throughout the installation, repairs, or upgrades.
Looking to expand or modify your parking lot lighting or upgrade to solar? Count on the dependable professionals at J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc. Call 215-633-8330 or contact us online.