Ways to Limit Energy Waste
From the lights in your office to powering machines and running a production line—everything involves energy costs. That is why business owners and facility managers are constantly under pressure to improve energy efficiency. Minimizing consumption is one way to significantly reduce your operational expenses. Our experienced industrial and commercial contractors share valuable tips to reduce energy waste.
10 Tips to Help Your Business Consume Less Energy
- Install efficient lighting and controls: Design a system that combines natural sources with efficient electrical lighting and automated controls. For instance, installing motion sensors that turn lights on and off based on room occupancy can reduce energy usage considerably.
- Pay attention to compressed air systems: Producing compressed air can account for around 40% of your plant’s electricity bills. Reduce pressure when possible. Idling compressors can still consume energy, so turn them off when not in use. Regular maintenance keeps them at peak efficiency.
- Correctly size motors and drives: The right size can reduce your operational costs by as much as 5%. Switch to high-efficiency solutions to optimize savings. Turn them off when not in operation or install auto sensors to control usage.
- Improve process controls: Properly calibrated equipment improves efficiency and productivity and can cut energy usage by 10%.
- Integrate energy and power management systems: It will help to lower energy usage as well as maintenance costs.
- Switch to high-efficiency HVAC models: Replace older HVAC equipment with newer models designed to reduce wasted energy in commercial buildings.
- Automate HVAC system controls: Using the latest HVAC automation technology can save you thousands of dollars every month in utility costs. Additionally, it helps you improve indoor comfort, schedule maintenance at the right times and prolong the overall system lifecycle.
- Create an energy use plan: Develop staff guidelines for cutting energy waste. This can include simple procedures such as shutting off lights and other energy-consuming devices when they are not in use, using power strips with a single switch to turn off computers and other equipment, and adjusting thermostats to seasonally appropriate temperatures.
- Improve the building’s seal: Making your commercial building more airtight to reduce air leaks and other sources of energy loss will result in a more energy-efficient space.
- Do an energy audit: This will identify areas of wastage and exactly where improvements need to be made.
Customized Services by Licensed Commercial and Industrial Electricians
Do you want to upgrade to a more efficient lighting system? Planning to expand your facility? Is retro-commissioning on the cards? At J & S Electrical Contractors, Inc., our industrial and commercial electricians provide customized solutions to meet your unique needs. We evaluate your requirements and offer a plan to minimize energy wastage, outages and costly downtime. Over the years, we have helped hundreds of medical, commercial and industrial firms across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware improve their operational efficiency and energy savings.
Our comprehensive electrical services include machinery design and layout assistance, design and installation of power control systems, safety and security system installs, testing and commissioning, and 24/7 emergency repair services. Count on our experienced electricians for cost-effective solutions to keep your system and business running smoothly.
Call us at 215-633-8330 to learn more about our electrical services. You can also request a quote online for energy efficient electrical upgrades and retrofit design.