Whatever the nature of your business, uninterrupted electricity supply is almost always a critical aspect of delivering consistent products or services, a cornerstone of a successful business. Whether it is a factory, mall, bank, hospital, restaurant, or corporate premises, it is safe to say that every establishment benefits from installing a backup generator. However, certain businesses are at high risk of quality, safety, or health hazards, which makes them more vulnerable to the effects of power outages.
Read on to know more about backup power solutions, and how your business may benefit from them.
A Quick Guide to Standby Generators
What is a Standby Generator? Power supply interruptions may happen due to a number of reasons, including planned load shedding, technical glitches, or inclement weather. At such times, a backup generator provides electrical power to all predetermined processes and equipment within your business. This alternative power source kicks in as soon as your regular power supply stops, and ensures a reliable and safe solution for electrical interruptions. On restoration of normal power, the generator returns to standby mode, ready to get back into action when the next outage occurs. Backup generators come in a variety of sizes, and offer a number of different features to cater to businesses of all types.
What are the Benefits of Standby Generators? Installing a backup generator has more benefits and cost-saving features than you might imagine. In addition to ensuring operational continuity and consistent productivity, standby power solutions help in:
- Wastage Minimization: Some businesses rely on temperature control systems to maintain the integrity of their products or raw materials. For such businesses, the standby generator provides a huge relief on the product wastage front. Even if the power dies, your products won’t!
- Comfortable Environment: Maintaining a comfortable and welcoming environment would mean your HVAC system needs to be operational at all times. In the face of power outages, a standby generator ensures minimal inconvenience to your employees, customers and visitors.
- Safety: A sudden power cut often tends to cause equipment malfunction, which could rob the overall system of its safety functions. Moreover, insufficient lighting or non-functional security systems could pose a whole other set of challenges. A standby generator fuels your critical systems, keeping the equipment and the environment safe during power outages.
Which Businesses Benefit Most from Standby Power? While every manufacturing unit or commercial establishment will benefit from uninterrupted power, standby generators are the best thing to happen to:
- Food Services Business: Bakeries, catering outfits, processed food manufacturing facilities, restaurants, or supermarkets are all vulnerable to huge inventory losses in the absence of backup power.
- Healthcare: Hospitals, dental clinics, medical laboratories, nursing homes, or other healthcare establishments are extremely vulnerable to electrical interruptions. Power outages could severely impact equipment, lab test results, medical procedures and human life. In fact, in most states in the U.S., it is mandatory for healthcare facilities to install permanent backup generators.
- Transportation Businesses: Airports, train stations, or municipal traffic control departments are heavily reliant on electrical equipment and machines for scheduling transport, or directing traffic. Any pause in the power supply could create potentially disastrous situations, impacting the safety and efficiency of such operations.
- Banks or Financial Services: In a digital world where multi-million dollar deals happen in a fraction of seconds, power outages could be devastating for most financial services organizations. Moreover, a breakdown in the ATMs would mean you are denying your customers the ability to purchase food, water or other necessities. This could further impact your reputation and future business.
- Malls and Independent Retailers: Unlit stores would not only be a huge opportunity loss for retail sales, but the inventory that needs refrigeration or temperature control will also go to waste in case of an extended power outage.
Comprehensive Standby Power Solutions by Licensed Commercial Electricians
At J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc., we understand the criticality of uninterrupted power supply and backup power solutions across a wide range of businesses. If you are looking to install a standby generator at your premises, our highly qualified and experienced engineers will:
- Understand your emergency power restoration requirements
- Conduct a systematic evaluation of your current electrical systems
- Prepare a comprehensive plan detailing the capacity estimation, system design and cost of a backup generator.
Our fully-licensed, commercial electricians will flawlessly install your turnkey backup power solution on time, and within the approved budget. We also offer an extensive suite of other commercial electrical services, along with prompt repairs, maintenance, and 24/7 emergency support.
Businesses in and around New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware continue to rely on us for all their commercial electrical requirements for over 25 years.
For efficient, affordable and reliable backup power solutions for your business, partner with the experts at J&S Electrical Contractors, Inc. Call 215-633-8330 or contact us online for a free quote.