Whether it is a large commercial complex, or a sprawling industrial estate, electrical services are an ongoing requirement in every brick and mortar establishment. From designing electrical systems ground-up, to installing appliances, or carrying out preventative maintenance and repairs, you are likely to need a range of electrical solutions at various times.
Power outages can happen at any time. From hurricanes, blizzards and other natural disasters, to industrial or domestic accidents, there are a number of reasons for sudden and unplanned loss of electricity. As an administrator, owner or property manager of a seniors’ facility, you may be aware of the grave consequences of such outages. In fact, several aspects, such as access, mobility, or health support systems could suffer without emergency restoration of power.
Are there certain appliances or machinery that are vital for running your business? Will their non-performance lead to adverse consequences, such as lost productivity or compromised product quality? Business-critical machines need special care to keep them up and running at all times. While routine maintenance may require planned downtime for the equipment, power outages or sudden failures in electrical systems may impact your production efficiencies, customer satisfaction, as well as profitability.
<Whether it is parking lots, individual stores, or the backup electricity of an entire shopping mall, you need a reliable and qualified commercial electrician to ensure that your electrical systems run smoothly and efficiently. After all, any disruption in your lighting, HVAC, security alarms, or backup power can have far reaching consequences on the safety of thousands of patrons who access your premises.
When it comes to maintaining and managing municipal complexes or parking lots, you want to ensure good road conditions, smart security features and proper lighting installations for the benefit of your staff and patrons. In sports fields or stadiums, illumination is a key component of night games and matches, where the very effectiveness of the sport may be dependent on the right fixtures, angles, and intensity of lights.
Multi dwelling units such as townhomes, condo buildings, senior living communities and hotels have distinct electrical requirements and challenges. The most important aspect is reliable power supply to all units and recent automotive technology fueling the demand for electric charging stations. Large, repetitive areas, firewalls and steel studded construction account for their unique needs.
As a business owner, you are always trying different ways to promote your products or services, grow your customer base, reduce your overheads and increase your profitability. Another critical aspect of managing a business is to ensure the safety of your business data and materials, as well as your employees, customers and patrons who set foot on your premises. Whether it is an office, a mall, a hospital, a restaurant, a parking lot, a school campus, or any type of commercial complex, the security of the users is dependent on numerous factors. However, one basic safety measure that you can put in place is ensuring that all the frequently used areas within your property are lit up adequately.
As a business owner or operator, you are well aware of how losing power even for a millisecond can cost your business thousands of dollars. While almost every business operation requires electricity, sensitive equipment in hospitals and data centers is especially vulnerable to outages. So how do you avoid joining the countless American enterprises that lose billions annually on account of power failure?
Having an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) unit prevents damage, accidents, and the loss of productivity resulting from blackouts and other power anomalies. Our experienced industrial and commercial electrical contractors explain the business advantages of investing in UPS units.
How UPS Units can Keep Your Business Productivity on Track
- No more outages: One of the key benefits of investing in a UPS unit is continuous and consistent power supply for your business operations. In the event of a brownout or blackout, it provides temporary power to machines till you connect to the backup generator. This prevents any operational disruption and loss of productivity.
- Protects sensitive machinery and equipment: From manufacturing equipment to computers, a UPS unit offers advanced protection from damage caused by a variety of power issues. How? By sensing surges, spikes, dips and outages and converting to an alternate power source before any harm is done. This saves you the expense of repairing and replacing machinery damaged by frequent exposure to spikes, surges and sudden outages.
- Minimal risk of data loss: With a UPS unit, you will have time to save your work and correctly power down computers and network equipment. You will have time to connect to backup generators. This helps prevent or minimize any corruption and loss of data being currently worked on as well as what is stored in these systems.
- Reduced noise: When compared to backup generators, the fans of UPS units are significantly quieter. Since there is no annoying buzzing noise to disrupt your day, you can choose to install it inside or outside your facility.
- Use it anywhere: From data centers, hospitals and utility units to offshore rigs and remote localities without any independent or shared power supply, you can install a UPS unit almost anywhere that you might need one.
While UPS units may seem like a substantial investment, they pay for themselves in uninterrupted business operations and equipment protection.
Customized UPS Unit Installations by Licensed Commercial and Industrial Electricians
Do you want to prevent power outages and anomalies from disrupting your business? At J & S Electrical Contractors, Inc., our industrial and commercial electricians provide customized solutions to meet your specific operational needs. Over the years, we have helped medical, commercial and industrial firms across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware enhance their productivity and energy savings. We will evaluate your requirements and offer a plan to minimize outages and costly downtime.
Our comprehensive electrical services include machinery design and layout assistance, design and installation of power control systems, safety and security system installs, testing and commissioning, and 24/7 emergency repair services. Count on our experienced electricians for smart solutions to run your electrical systems and business, in a cost-efficient manner.
Call us at 215-633-8330 to learn more about our electrical services. You can also request a quote online for installing UPS units at your business facility.
Correct installation is critical to optimizing line equipment performance and reliability. Often, poor product quality and high operational costs are the unfortunate result of improper machine set up. Our experienced industrial electricians outline key installation requirements to minimize downtime, cost and wastage.
From the lights in your office to powering machines and running a production line—everything involves energy costs. That is why business owners and facility managers are constantly under pressure to improve energy efficiency. Minimizing consumption is one way to significantly reduce your operational expenses. Our experienced industrial and commercial contractors share valuable tips to reduce energy waste.
10 Tips to Help Your Business Consume Less Energy
- Install efficient lighting and controls: Design a system that combines natural sources with efficient electrical lighting and automated controls. For instance, installing motion sensors that turn lights on and off based on room occupancy can reduce energy usage considerably.
- Pay attention to compressed air systems: Producing compressed air can account for around 40% of your plant’s electricity bills. Reduce pressure when possible. Idling compressors can still consume energy, so turn them off when not in use. Regular maintenance keeps them at peak efficiency.
- Correctly size motors and drives: The right size can reduce your operational costs by as much as 5%. Switch to high-efficiency solutions to optimize savings. Turn them off when not in operation or install auto sensors to control usage.
- Improve process controls: Properly calibrated equipment improves efficiency and productivity and can cut energy usage by 10%.
- Integrate energy and power management systems: It will help to lower energy usage as well as maintenance costs.
- Switch to high-efficiency HVAC models: Replace older HVAC equipment with newer models designed to reduce wasted energy in commercial buildings.
- Automate HVAC system controls: Using the latest HVAC automation technology can save you thousands of dollars every month in utility costs. Additionally, it helps you improve indoor comfort, schedule maintenance at the right times and prolong the overall system lifecycle.
- Create an energy use plan: Develop staff guidelines for cutting energy waste. This can include simple procedures such as shutting off lights and other energy-consuming devices when they are not in use, using power strips with a single switch to turn off computers and other equipment, and adjusting thermostats to seasonally appropriate temperatures.
- Improve the building’s seal: Making your commercial building more airtight to reduce air leaks and other sources of energy loss will result in a more energy-efficient space.
- Do an energy audit: This will identify areas of wastage and exactly where improvements need to be made.
Customized Services by Licensed Commercial and Industrial Electricians
Do you want to upgrade to a more efficient lighting system? Planning to expand your facility? Is retro-commissioning on the cards? At J & S Electrical Contractors, Inc., our industrial and commercial electricians provide customized solutions to meet your unique needs. We evaluate your requirements and offer a plan to minimize energy wastage, outages and costly downtime. Over the years, we have helped hundreds of medical, commercial and industrial firms across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware improve their operational efficiency and energy savings.
Our comprehensive electrical services include machinery design and layout assistance, design and installation of power control systems, safety and security system installs, testing and commissioning, and 24/7 emergency repair services. Count on our experienced electricians for cost-effective solutions to keep your system and business running smoothly.
Call us at 215-633-8330 to learn more about our electrical services. You can also request a quote online for energy efficient electrical upgrades and retrofit design.